STS-88 Flanger/Reverb - CatalinbreadMar 29 2023
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above. Or customize your demo widget here.
The STS-88 by Catalinbread is a flanger and reverb in one simple and easy to use package.
The flanger voicing is tastefully designed. There is not too much metallic airplane swooshing going on, but enough movement to make your guitar sound like it's floating in space. The reverb is a lush and spacious reverb that is perfect for shoegaze and ambient music.
I particularly like the simple choice of controls. The MIX knob controls the ratio of dry signal and modulated + wet reverb signal. The reverb is never fully wet, and with the MIX around 50%, you get a nice mix of modulated warble, spacey reverb but also clear note picking definition from the dry signal.
I'm super into shoegaze sounds where a distortion/fuzz is just crushing the reverb trails and the flanging modulation is just great for adding a certain something to the sound. The STS-88 is perfect for this.
- Fidelity Guitars Stellarosa Lite II with Lollar Firebird pickups (neck pickup)
- Great Eastern FX Small Speaker Overdrive on very light gain
- STS-88 Flanger Reverb
- Beautiful Noise Effects Exploder for the shoegaze sound
- Strymon Iridium (chime)
- Try a new one from Thomann and use their 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee if it is not for you
- Get a good deal on it on Reverb
- Get detailed specs on Catalinbread's website
Some of these are affiliate links and I earn a small comission if you buy stuff through those links. There is no additional cost for you. It helps me keep this website alive.