Dirt Nap - Poison NoisesOct 17 2022
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above. Or customize your demo widget here.
The Dirt Nap by Poison Noises is a DOD 250 style overdrive/distortion with added versatility.
The 250 distortion is one of my favorite distortion topologies, and the Dirt Nap doesn't disappoint.
It offers the same kind of compressed, preamp-like and bright distortion. I love it because it makes the guitar sit perfectly in a mix. The Dirt Nap offers more options for clipping modes and diodes, which makes it an even better recording tool to add variety to guitar overdubs in just one box.
And what I always find surprising: 250 style drives work very well on bass. The Dirt Nap tops this with a bass response toggle to open it up some more for lower frequencies.
- Fidelity Guitars Stellarosa Lite II with Lollar Firebird pickups (bridge pickup)
- Dirt Nap
- Strymon Iridium (chime)
Just the Stellarosa with different pickup settings and the Dirt Nap with different clipping/diode modes.
- JMJ Fender Mustang
- Keeley Compressor Mini to even it out
- MAE Line Blur
- Strymon Iridium (round) with bass cabs
- Logic Drummer Gavin (indie rock) on the Brooklyn+ kit
- Compression from the Logic compressor plugin (Vintage FET)
- Softube Saturation Knob plugin
The whole mix was "mastered" with exciter, limiter and mild compression in the DAW.
- Get detailed specs on Poison Noises' website