Tractor Beam - Poison NoisesNov 17 2022
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above. Or customize your demo widget here.
The Tractor Beam by Poison Noises is a highly customizable tremolo.
The parameters that you can control with the Tractor Beam unlock some creative uses for tremolo.
- Symmetry (ENCOUNTER): Moves the zero point of the amplitude modulation. Turned fully clockwise, it seems like this goes from unity gain to a boosted singal. In Amp Tickle, you can hear the amp breaking up periodically.
- Depth (PROBE): Choose a subtle modulation or an intense pulsing
- Shape (WARP): A continuous control over the shape of the modulation curve, from rectangular (chopped, abrupt volume change) to sine (smooth, more subtle)
- Volume (INVADE): Makes it easy to adjust for perceived output volume. Interactive with the ENCOUNTER knob to control how it interacts with the rest of your gain staging
- Ratio (ANNIHILATE): Go from long silences and short boosts to short breaks and long volume bumps.
This makes this a great make-your-own-tremolo pedal. Once you understand the knob layout, you can quickly create your signature tremolo sound.
- Fidelity Guitars Stellarosa Lite II with Lollar Firebird pickups (both pickups)
- Tractor Beam
- OKKO FX Twin Sonic acting as the "amp" to emulate an edge of breakup amp.
- Strymon Iridium (chime)
- Get detailed specs on Poison Noises' website
Some of these are affiliate links and I earn a small comission if you buy stuff through those links. There is no additional cost for you. It helps me keep this website alive.
If you like what I do, buy me a beer 🍺.