Mr Sparkle 808 - Gojira FxNov 07 2022
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above. Or customize your demo widget here.
The Mr Sparkle 808 by Gojira Fx is a funky looking, sweet sounding modded TubeScreamer drive.
The more I'm recording tracks for my demos, the more I realize how much T-style drives are growing on me.
When I first tried an original green box, I was underwhelmed and turned off by the nasal sound.
Over time I learned that the key is to turn the tone knob way up and judge the guitar sound in a full mix.
Most modded T-style drives I tried are brilliant in this context. I can easily get a chimey indie-rock drive sound that cuts without being harsh.
And the Gojira 808 is no exception. It's just a great drive for low to medium gain applications. With symmetrical clipping, you get that classic TubeScreamer saturation that cuts through. With asymmetrical clipping, it gets more mellow and thicker.
Combining the thicker saturation from the asymmetrical clipping together with the bass boost gives you a wonderful option if you wanna add some sparkle to your bass sound.
- Fidelity Guitars Stellarosa Lite II with Lollar Firebird pickups (both pickups)
- Mr Sparkle 808
- Strymon Iridium (chime)
- Recorded some pads with the Walrus Audio Slö into
- Chase Bliss Mood that was further mangled by the Gojira 808 and then
- Spread into stereo and more reverb by the OBNE Screen Violence
- Also used the Slö to do some chord swells into the 808
- And I used the Valhalla DSP SuperMassive Plugin to add some spacey reverb in the DAW, using the main track as the "source"
- JMJ Fender Mustang, La Bella flats, played with pick, tone 100%, mute foam on the bridge
- Keeley Compressor Mini to even it out
- MAE Line Blur
- Strymon Iridium (round) with bass cabs
- Get detailed specs on Gojira Fx's website