Glutnik - Poison NoisesOct 20 2022
The Glutnik by Poison Noises is a unique take on the Russian Big Muff Fuzz.
my favorite part about the Glutnik is that it doesn't really feel like a Big Muff when you explore some of it's extra toggles and knobs. Just choosing different options for diodes, bypassing the tone stack and applying the "wrong" bias gives this a whole different vibe.
It reminds me more of a gnarly, fuzzy preamp. Which I absolutely enjoy.
If you're tired of playing the same old Big Muff clones, give this one a whirl.
- Fidelity Guitars Stellarosa Lite II with Lollar Firebird pickups (bridge pickup)
- Strymon Iridium (chime)
- Stellarosa in different pickup positions
- Glutnik with various settings
- OBNE Screen Violence (just the modulated reverb) for the solo part in mono
- JMJ Fender Mustang, La Bella flats, played with pick, tone 100%, mute foam on the bridge
- Keeley Compressor Mini to even it out
- MAE Line Blur
- Strymon Iridium (round) with bass cabs
- SoundToys Radiator plugin for even more ooomph
- Logic Drummer Zak (garage rock) on the Motown Revisited+ kit
- Softube Saturation Knob plugin
- SoundToys Radiator plugin
- Compression from the Logic compressor plugin (Vintage FET)
The whole mix was "mastered" with exciter, limiter and mild compression in the DAW.
- Get detailed specs on Poison Noises' website
Some of these are affiliate links and I earn a small comission if you buy stuff through those links. There is no additional cost for you. It helps me grow this website. Thank you!
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above or customize your demo widget.