Skipping Stone - Poison NoisesAug 23 2022
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above. Or customize your demo widget here.
The Skipping Stone by Poison Noises is a versatile delay with some wild modulation options.
The architecture of the Skipping Stone is very similar to the one of The Spill.
You get the standard delay controls like rate, feedback and mix. Spin is a rotary knob that let's you choose between 8 different delay types:
- Oil Can
- Ring Mod
The Splash knob controls a different parameter depending on the delay type.
If normal delay is too boring for you, try the Skipping Stone.
- K'mo Memphis Std., classic T-style pickups (neck pickup)
- Keeley Compressor Mini with medium high compression
- Skipping Stone
- Strymon Iridium (Chime)
Stereo Pixi Dust
- just grabbed the Chase Bliss MOOD, used the main guitar track as a basis and recorded a bunch of micro loops and pitch reverse delays while twisting the clock control to taste.
- Added some more ambience with the Walrus Audio Slö
- Panned all the tracks wildly left, right and center to create a stereo background
- Mixed and bounced to one stereo track
- Applied compression and a low-pass filter to smooth it out and put it in the background
- JMJ Fender Mustang, played with fingers, tone 100%, Fender flats
- Keeley Compressor Mini
- Strymon Iridium (round) with bass cabs with medium gain
- GarageBand Drummer Anton (modern hip-hop)
- Roland CR-78 drum machine (GarageBand stock plugin)
- Touch of reverb, drive and compression, all from the stock plugin
The whole mix was "mastered" with exciter, limiter and mild compression in the DAW.
- Get detailed specs on Poison Noises' website
- Rent it from Noise Boyz or choose from their growing catalogue of boutique pedals, starting from $9.99 per month
Some of these are affiliate links and I earn a small comission if you buy stuff through those links. There is no additional cost for you. It helps me keep this website alive.
If you like what I do, buy me a beer 🍺.