Transcendence - Lichtlaerm AudioFeb 03 2023
To embed this demo on your own website, copy & paste the code above. Or customize your demo widget here.
The Transcendence by Lichtlaerm Audio strikes the perfect balance between extraordinary ambient sound design and carefully selected controls to still keep it simple.
As far as my ears can tell, this reverb combines a pristine plate reverb with 3 modulation-type effects:
- NOVA: Some kind of grain algorithm is going on here that also adds lower or upper octave harmonics depending on the RATE setting
- S/H (Sample and Hold): Grabs the original signal and seems to run it through a random step sequencer. Reminds me of the sound John Frusciante got from the Line 6 FM4 on Throw Away Your Television
- COLLAPSE: This is probably an aliasing filter and the RATE knob controls the aliasing frequency.
What's cooler is that the Transcendence can be extended to get even crazier with external effects in an effects loop. The effect of the external pedal (or go wild and use multiple pedals in a chain) only affects the reverb trails. You can combine one of the 3 onboard effects with your external pedals.
I tried this here with the SS/BS Mini as a gated drive and the Walrus Audio Polychrome to add some flanging.
The Transcendence is a lot of fun and really invites you to play with sound design and some simple, twinkly chords.
- Fidelity Guitars Stellarosa Lite II with Lollar Firebird pickups (bridge pickup)
- Ground Control Audio Bread Oath just to add a little compression and saturation
- Strymon Iridium (chime)
- Get detailed specs on Lichtlaerm Audio's website
Some of these are affiliate links and I earn a small comission if you buy stuff through those links. There is no additional cost for you. It helps me keep this website alive.